January 19, 2011

Before - After Wall cabinet


My little wall cabinet deserves its own post.
This was one of my finds together with the kitchen table and chairs and another
wall cabinet I found last summer. I payed 100 kr for it. Love the shape and feel to it.


First I had to wash it and then sand it down with sandpaper. The back plate was really
worn and couldnt be saved. I had to get another back  from Thauglands at Storo.
They used leftovers from a big cabinet, so I only had to pay around 10 kr for it!
It was a bit tricky to get all the old nails out but eventually I managed.


Then I gave it a coat of underpaint, then 2 layers of white shiny paint I had
leftovers of. In Kobenhagen before christmas, I found 1 m of this cool wallpaper from
Ferm living for 79kr. Just had to have it, and it is a perfect match for the cabinet doors.
Inside the doors and on the back, ( I wallpapered the back before attatching it to the cabinet),
I used pink, flowery wallpaper bought from Gasellenes bloggshop. 100kr for 1 m.



I love project like theese. I have plans for Nanino`s brown dresser aswell.
I was thinking maybe to paint it in the rainbow colours like I saw
Kokosbolle have done. Looks good! Or should I
wallpaper the drawers.. So hard to deside. But first of all I need spring. 
That is absolutely an outside project.  


3 comments:

  1. Så fint det ble:)Liker når slike lekegodbiter blir fremhevet på så fin måte.Utrolige kule bilder du tar av all gatekunsten forresten:)takk for koselige kommentarer hos meg også.Klem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow vilken förvandling! Skåpet blev ju jättefint... såå underbar färg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Så flott skap du har "laget" - eller iallfall kjempefint pyntet!

    ReplyDelete

Comments makes me smile!